Stage 2 Nitro Cam Package
-136# Valve Springs
- Modified Valve Spring Retainers
- Hardened Pushrods
- Modified Lifters
- Aftermarket Timing Chain with Modified Dampener
- Double Row Engine Master Forged Timing Chain Kit
- Machined Oil Pump Cover
- Oil Pump Gears
- Viton Valve Stem Seals
- COMP Cams valve lock
The Stage 2 Nitro Cam is designed for supercharged or nitrous applications on 96 and up GM 3.8L's. The Nitro cam produces higher WHP and torque numbers than any cam grind currently available (that can be used with stock heads). Look for gains of 40-55 hp depending on your car's current configuration. We highly recommend running 136# Comp Cams valve springs, Revhigh Modified retainers, lifters, 7.00" pushrods, Rollmaster double timing chain, Extra thick front cover gasket, and Machined oil pump cover. The Nitro is popular for top swaps and bottom end builds. You can run a smaller pulley with it than you can the Stage 1. Peak power is 200rpm higher (than Stage 1).
-212°/224° at .050" Intake Lift .325" (.520" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
-Exhaust Lift .335" (.536" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
-116 Lobe Separation
- Pushrod length will require checking if heads have been skimmed or block has been decked.
- We may be able to provide a memcal for this package depending on your setup. Please contact us for further details.
- We recommend dialing in all aftermarket cams using a degree wheel to ensure that they’re phased correctly with the crankshaft. You can do this by using our 8" or 11" degree wheel listed in other ads.
- Removing the timing cover may upset the sump gasket depending on certain models. We stock cork and metal sump gaskets if yours cannot be re-used.
- Stage 2 & 3 Performance cam packages can be purchased through other listings.We have all gaskets available through other ads.The image is for illustrative purposes only.